Blog Journal #7

On the Chiles High School website many teachers use their own websites as an additional resource to their students as well as their parents. I looked at Mr. Welch's website which has not been updated since 2019. However, his website page was the most detailed and had the most resources that I came across on the main list of teacher websites. He used a calendar for each of the courses he teaches, an about me page, and an important documents tab. His proximity and contrast was fine as well.


When I am a teacher I will rely heavily on technology to efficiently do my job. I plan to have a website full of supplemental resources for my students. I also plan to utilize Remind for parent connection as well as monthly newsletters made in MS Word. I also think using something like Class Dojo as a fun reward system for the students in my elementary level class.


I was unfortunately sick the week we were all collaborating on Assignment 2, but I contributed via FaceTime. I had a difficult time voicing my ideas because of the lag and tech issues of being on a phone. However the rubric was very clear and I understood very well what was being expected of me for this assignment. I wish there was more to the collaboration besides deciding what our grading criteria was.

Comments

Popular Posts