Blog Journal #2

MS Word is a new application to me and I am still trying to figure everything out. I am used to Google applications like Docs or Slides. However, I have been playing with Word, and I believe it has more functions than Google Docs. I hate to say it, but I think I was converted from a Docs girly to a Word lover! It is so much easier to use and I can make things so much more visually appealing!

The ISTE standard that was most meaningful to me is 2.3 Citizen. I feel that is extremely important for people to be aware of their impact in an online space. Teachers should ensure students understand how to be safe and kind on an online platform. I think every student should have to take a digital literacy course in high school to learn the importance as well as the danger that an online presence can have.

I agree that digital natives are very present in today's society, especially the youth. Kids are given technology very young and so they quickly become dependent on them. The difference between digital natives and immigrants is very obvious in the classroom. Students rely on online resources in order to learn, whereas many teachers prefer paper handouts or textbooks. I feel that I will eventually turn into a digital immigrant as technology continue to become more and more advanced every day.



Comments

Popular Posts